Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day #7

It’s been so cold that when I see people going on with their daily lives I’m sort of surprised.  And I have to carry on with my daily life plus do 31 new things?  Um, brrrr.
 

#8) Go to the dentist every six months: This morning I found myself using three impromptu hours of vacation time to blow a frozen pipe with a hairdryer.  Since this was exactly how I always dreamed of spending my precious vacation hours, I thought I might as well make it a truly awesome vacation by scheduling a dentist appointment. 
Confession:  I haven’t been to the dentist in two years.  First, I had my wisdom teeth removed which racked up enough dental karma to skip my next appointment.  Then I changed jobs and my old dentist wasn’t in my new network.  Excuses.
Today I spent exactly three minutes between blow drying shifts researching dentists in Pleasant Ridge, calling one of them, and scheduling an appointment for February 4th.  They offered to get me in today to fill in one of the cancelations, but February 4th will be just fine, thank you. 
 
#19) Attend my Community Council Meetings:  Done.  Heard a great presentation on Form Based Code and saw the inside of the Pleasant Ridge Recreation Center.  I didn’t get the chance to introduce myself to the group because attendance was so high and time was so tight, but the president promised newcomers could do that next time. 
I just realized that the next meeting will be the same day as my dentist appointment!  For the record, I’ll be looking forward to the council meeting much more than dentist.  

-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment