Friday, January 3, 2014

Day #3

#6) Study Yoga:  Because I got home from work too late to go to Happy Hour Yoga at the Cincinnati Yoga School, I did this Power Yoga for Balance video that I found on a site that has free full-length yoga videos.  Finding the site was a breakthrough (adios, Denise Austin), and the video was pretty good. 

 
As part of this challenge I’m trying to learn the “what” and “why” of yoga instead of just mindlessly moving through the poses.  For example, since I read that twisting and inversion poses help to detoxify the body I have been able to focus on detoxification while I twist.  This has been especially helpful since I consumed 1 ½ bottles of red wine and half a pound of chocolate covered espresso beans on New Year’s Eve.  Still detoxifying.
Question:  is the “sits” bone a technical term or is it just this instructor’s cutesy way of describing his rear?  I thought I paid really good attention in my anatomy class but I don’t remember this.  
Also, poor Zola Budd.  It has been too icy to walk very far the past couple of days so she has been all worked up.  She was in my face every time I did a forward bend, which would have been sweet except that I could tell by smelling her that she had recently had a snack in the kitty litter box.
 
 
-K.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment