Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Top Antique-shopping, Bulk-buying Yogi in Cincinnati

I feel like over the past eight weeks I’ve developed some habits that will stay with me—buying in bulk, yoga, antiquing. 

For example, I went to the Mid-Century Modern show at the Sharonville Convention Center on my birthday (#16), and was able to say to a vendor that I was looking for “four two-toned DCW’s.” Tell me that’s not proof of a lady who knows her antiques.   
 

I didn’t find what I was looking for, but I did leave with these 1940’s anatomical diagrams:

Because everyone needs a good nervous system in their dining room.
I have also continued to explore different local yoga schools (#6).  Last week I went to a class at the Covington Yoga School where the teacher coached me out of standing up straight out of a backbend (backbend not pictured, for obvious reasons).

 
 
Most importantly, I’ve mastered the art of buying in bulk (#12):

There are four more bottles in the fridge.
Shut up.
Now, I know I’ve been basically doing the same things over and over this year.  I’m probably in the running for the top antique-shopping, bulk-buying yogi in Cincinnati.  I’m starting to bore myself.  Next month I promise to take on a few of the items that really push me outside my comfort zone.  Because that's what this year is about.  Even if it requires wearing something other than yoga pants. 
 
-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment