Sunday, February 2, 2014

Days 26-32: And a Potato-Crust Quiche Flex-ipe

Another Polar Vortex. In the midst of it I did a lot of yoga and refused to run.  Because who wants to end up like this guy?


During this time I built a stand up desk (#29) and read the first 100 pages of The Book Thief (#15).  I made a new Pinterest board called "Appetizers and Entertaining: Since You Can't Just Serve People Booze" (#22). 

I also made this green pepper quiche-thing which I want to share here even though it has nothing to do with my list.  You will need:
·         6-10 small yellow potatoes
·         Green pepper (or some other veggie)
·         Handful of chopped red onion
·         7-8 eggs
·         Parmesan cheese (or some other cheese, obviously this is a flex-ipe)
·         Olive Oil and Butter
·         Salt, Pepper, Dried Chives

Start with a bunch of small yellow potatoes, slicing most of them into slim round circles but two or three of them into long slices.  Soften them in olive oil over medium-high heat, adding salt, pepper, and lots of chives.  I did about five minutes on each side, in two batches. 

Arrange them into a pretty crust in a buttered baking dish.  Use the longer slices to line the edges. 

Sauté the green pepper and red onion, just for a few mintues. Fan them out over the potatoes.  You could really use any veggies here, I just happened to have the green pepper and red onion.  Spinach and red pepper would be good.  Or broccoli and kale. 

 
Wisk up the eggs in a small bowl.  Add the parmesan cheese.  Pour it over the potato crust and veggies.  Bake on 375 for about 30 minutes. 

That’s it!  I put this in the fridge to eat for dinner tomorrow after yoga.  Speaking of yoga class, yesterday I spent an hour and a half detoxifying my body through breathing and binding poses and then five minutes canceling it all out by eating lunch at the gas station immediately afterwards.  Talk about some yogi irony. 

Although I didn’t have one drop of Diet Coke this week, which is probably the first week I can say that since I was thirteen years old.
All in all, my January felt pretty productive.  I accomplished or made progress on 15 out of the 31 things on my list.  The only one I can cross out completely is “Watch Grey Gardens” (#20)—the others are still works in progress. Despite the gas station incident yesterday, the item I felt I made the most progress on was my yoga study. 
Although I can't make any promises, in February I'd like to tackle "Sharpen My Knives" (#14).  Because I like to set big goals.


-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment