Thursday, February 13, 2014

Days 40-43: Loose as a Goose

#4)  Loosen Up:  I got a Subway sandwich on Tuesday evening and found a hair it in.  On Wednesday evening I went back and got another sandwich from the same shop. 

If that’s not playing it fast and loose, I don’t know what is. 
#6)  Study Yoga:   You guys, I think yoga is bothering my knee.  It’s either that or #29 (the Stand-Up Desk).  Or being  almost thirty-one is catching up with me. 

Help. 
I did find this book at a resale shop for $2.00:

After reading this I want to do Baron Baptiste’s one-week yoga retreat in Sedona so bad.  Unfortunately, I don’t think a $4000 week of downward dogs is in my short-term financial plan.  A $2.00 used book, yes.  A $60 Groupon, eh.  An unnecessary week of self-indulgence, no. 
Hell no. 
 #16) Go Antiquing:  I’ve been in Columbus this week for work and without my regular day-to-day responsibilities (watering the pets, making oatmeal, being compulsively bossy) I’ve had an hour in the evenings to kill.  Yesterday I thought I’d check out some of the antique shops on Short North. 
First, I stopped at Jeni’s Ice Cream and fueled up while doing some reading for book club (#15).  I got the coffee ice cream and the “chocomole” flavor, which is a spicy chocolate with corn chips.  

Afterwards, I was kind of absentmindedly browsing one of the consignment shops and I almost tripped over this guy: 

Oh my word.  Did someone really have this nightmare in their living room? 
Can you imagine what Zola Budd would do if I brought this home?  She is scared of the sound that the iron makes, which makes me think if she saw this she would instantly lose her bowels.  For that, I could not blame her.
At another store, I found this display of old kitchenware that looks like a color-coordinated episode of Hoarders:

This room is a reminder of why "loosen up" is on my list.  Because I'm afraid that my OCD could some day spiral out of control and my kitchen could look like this. 

After all this, I needed a Diet Coke (#30).  And a Subway sandwich.  
 
-K. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment